“To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle.”
Whilst creating a console app to create email records in CRM I find my CRM dev environment working against me rather than assisting me.
Setting up a CRM environment tasks
- Restore a copy of a CRM organisation
- Configure the custom project data
- Configure CRM settings
- Setting up web service’s (web.config, copying dll‘s)
- Import data (How to create realistic Test Data for your CRM Project and why you should)
- setting up users + security
- testing everything is working
Configuring the data involves having both systems side by side and ensuring environment-specific settings are setup correctly.
Setting up environments is done in copying mode and not thinking mode, which can lead to mistakes.
The frustrating part is I’m not testing but spending time on creating my environment to enable me to…
View original post 663 more words