You may need to move configuration data from your development environment to QA, QA to UAT.
In that case creating all configuration data again will be little tricky. Here is a process to export from one and import it to other.
Export Configuration Data:
- Download CRM package from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44567
- Extract it, You should find a folder SDK/tools and DataMigrationUtility.exe.
- Double click on it and Select Export data. Then click on continue.
- it will ask for username and password.
- Then select a schema folder. You can find it in UII folder
- UII\USD Developer Assets\USD Configuration Tool Schema
- Select location to save data . Once it exports click on exit.
Close migration tool.
- Open migration utility agaain.
- Enter target server . Select Import data.
- On the login screen , Give target server credentails and select desired organization.
- Once it connects, It will ask for the file to be imported. Select the previously exported data file and click on import data.
- Click on exit.
go to USD and login, You should be able to see everything configured.
One thought on “Unified Service desk – Migrate/ import configuration data from one organization/ server to other”
You could also use this utility to migrate USD Data